Myanmar Independent Living Initiative – MILI (Registration No. 1/Internal/0651) is a non-government organization led by disabled persons run for persons with disabilities (PWDs) and has been working for equal rights, inclusion and independent living of people with multiple types of disabilities in Myanmar. The head quarter is based in Yangon and its’ 28 local branches are operating in 10 regions and states of the country. MILI works for the areas of disability inclusive elections and political participation, disability inclusive business, disability inclusive education, disability inclusive employment, disability inclusive arts, disability inclusive disaster risk reduction and disability inclusive development. MILI also supports for capacity development of disability organizations and mainstreaming disability in development agenda of non-government organizations.
We are currently inviting motivated and talented individuals to apply for Branches Zone Coordinator’s position based in Yangon. The project name is Making PWDs Agents of Change through MILI (MAM Project). Please see the following detailed information.
Position : Branches Zone Coordinator (2 Posts)
Job type : Full time
Report to : Project Coordinator (Development Pillar)
Duty Station : Yangon
Contract Duration : One year (extendable)
Issue Date : 30.7. 2019
Application Deadline : 6. 8. 2019
Job purpose : To facilitate the independent living of Persons with Disabilities and their integration into the society and to support for the growth and development of MILI branches
Major Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist to Project Coordinator (MAM Project) in preparing and supporting for five years program, one year operations plan of MILI branches’ advocacy and public relation program, and annual progress report.
- Assist in monitoring and follow-up for branches related activities and undertake regular monitoring and follow-up visits for outreach activities.
- Assist to branches’ members in preparing and submitting of the sub-grants proposals and project progress reports.
- Conduct data collection, data management, data analysis, and data utilization of MILI branches.
- Facilitate the organizational capacity development workshops/trainings for branches executive members.
- Guide and encourage to branches’ executive members to build effective relationships with government sectors, social development sectors, and business sectors.
- Submit one year operations plan, monthly work plan, monthly activities report and annual report of branches to Project Coordinator (MAM Project)
- Hold self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving results together with organization and branches.
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities assigned by Project Coordinator (MAM Project) and the organization as required.
Qualifications and Skills required
- Bachelor degree holder in any disciplines
- At least two years professional working experience in development sector
- Good English skill both written and verbal
- Good experience and knowledge on disability issue
- Strong interest and commitment on disability works
- Strong computer skill, facilitation skill, presentation skill, reporting skill, interpersonal skill, time management skill and team working ability
- Be able to travel to rural and remote areas
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Interest and willingness to learn from community
** Persons with Disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
** Priority for the Persons with Disabilities who can work for this position
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit 1) Cover Letter, 2) Detail curriculum vitae including expected salary, 3) A recent Passport size photograph, 4) Photocopy of NRC card, (5) Photocopy of household members list, 6) Contact details and two referees addressed to the following contact not later than 5 P.M., 6 August 2019 (Tuesday).
Apply to : Saw Winter Loo
Administration and HR Manager
Myanmar Independent Living Initiative
No. 17/19, Tha-yar-aye Street, Quarter – 3, Mayangone Township, Yangon
09-448 000 970
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
(Only short listed candidates will be notified for personal interview.)